Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A New Direction and Focus

If y'all haven't read Tim's blog, he has been doing a great job updating everyone that reads on there all that God has been challenging our Waters family to do.
I'll try to list some things from my side of it:
For one, we have cancelled cable for several months in an effort to spend more quality time together, both as a couple, and as a family. I have seen nothing but positive things of it. I was not real glued to the tv as I had only 2 shows a week that I watched regularly, so taking that away was not a big deal to me, but Tim admits that the 1st week was tough for him. But it's not so hard anymore as he is seeing the fruit of this step of obedience. The girls have still had DVD's to watch or some recorded programs that we have. But I am able to monitor their time on the tv much better that way, instead of having the endless show after shows on the kid's channels, which I admit was hard to pull them away from. Needless to say, their tv time has diminished greatly!
We have also wrote a list of things as a family to do together. The girls listed their ideas and we have them hanging on the fridge for reference. I was amazed at how simple they were, yet were just what we need to do to learn to enjoy each other more. We have implemented a few already.

We've been helping Hannah practice her volleyball skills outside more, and as a result, Faith is even learning how to play at the young age of 5. Hannah is improving her skills more and more at each game and it is getting more and more exciting to watch her grow in this area. And we're having fun in the midst.

The girls and I planted a garden together a few weekends ago, also with Gramma's much appreciated help, which I wanted to post pictures of, but have misplaced my camera at the moment. But that was a special memory that I will never forget. And the girls are staying very involved in watering it and keeping it going, which I am so thankful since I am not much of a green thumb.
These are just a few things. I will add more as I remember.

As I had spoken briefly before, there are other more difficult things that the Lord led me to lay down and I am seeing more confirmation from Him of why he led me to do so. There is a specific friendship that I was in that had brought many blessings to my life over the years, but in the recent past, had been rather out of balance and consuming in a negative way, to the point that my marriage, relationship with God, and family, as was my friends' same relationships were suffering. We kind of became a hindrance instead of a source of growth for each other. So, the Lord specifically told me, then later confirmed to both of us together, that there was some major work He needed to do in her life and in mine individually and that we needed to go our separate ways. The toughest part is that we still see each other at church, and are still learning how far to take this, which kinda makes my church experience right now a bit wierd at times. But at the same time, I am so yearning for God's voice, that I am receiving everything that He is telling me and am determined to walk it out. Absolutely determined! And that is never a bad thing. I just know today that God has me right where he wants me, and many strongholds are being lifted already because of it in my life and in this friend's life, yet I still battle the guilt of feeling like I've abandoned a friend. I know that is the enemy, and I am having to keep my focus on the right things to allow God to work this all out in His perfect, mysterious way.
More blessings that have come is that my depression and anxiety has been gone for 3 weeks now, and as Tim puts it, I have a lighter kick in my step these days. I am so enjoying God's presence all around me and the beautiful presence of my 3 sweet girls and my amazingly wonderful husband.
Which leads me to say, the best thing thus far that has come of this, despite a closer relationship with my Lord, is that Tim and I are closer than ever and we are becoming best friends again. Now THIS is the marriage that I signed up for :). It would not have happened had I not chose to follow God's voice the past month. And I know the same is happening with my friend and her husband. And I know God has much more that He wants to do. I am so thankful that I have a faithful Saviour who knows what is best for each and every one of us and walks us through every step of our lives to fulfill His purpose. God is SO GOOD!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yea, I am so glad to hear that all is looking up these days. Call whenever you get a chance. We are battling colds and potty training right now, but Perryn asks to play with you guys every now and then. Blessing my sweet friend.

Tim Waters said...

babe, your camera is on the fridge

Tim Waters said...

great post! Love you darlin!