Thursday, February 21, 2008

Proud 5-year-old

See anything missing on this bike?
Yesterday, after the tea party, Faith said "Mommy, now that I'm 5, I want to take off my training wheels". With much hesitation, I took them off anticipating that I would be putting them back on within 10 minutes. Faith has always been my more timid, fearful one and combined with being a perfectionist who gets very easily frustrated when something doesn't go the way she wants right away, I thought this would be over quick!
But surprises never cease. After just a few rounds with me holding her bike up, I decided to try to let go, and off she went without a hitch. Of course within the half hour, she got her "token" skinned knees from a few falls, but that hasn't seemed to slow her down. She of course won't leave me alone now about riding her bike.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Woohoo! That was fast learning!

Tim Waters said...

LOL...my little girl. She is so matter-of-fact.