Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Bad Dream

For some reason I've felt led to share something that happened a few nights ago that woke me up in the middle of the night with my heart just pounding. I was gripped with fear when I woke up. This is the second time this has happened to me in the past month and it doesn't seem ironic that as my heart is being healed in areas, the enemy is going to use one of my most vulnerable states, in my sleep to try to attack it.
So the other night, I had a nightmare where I was almost killed, and others were actually killed in my dream in a helicopter crash. I woke up in a panic, knowing I was safe in my room, but at the same time I felt very unsafe because it didn't feel like my room...like I was in the twilight zone or something. Tim has had a hard time sleeping in our room for several reasons so he was out on the couch sleeping as he has for a while. So I was alone, and I almost crawled out on the couch with him I was so scared. It was about 2 in the morning when this awful dream woke me up.
As I laid there, I was trying really hard to wake up completely so I could combat this fear that was piercing me and keeping me from resting. I then kept reciting the verse "I lie down and sleep in peace for you O Lord make me dwell in safety". I had to say it over and over. Then the Lord prompted me to pray for the others in my dream. I began to battle for them in my prayers and was so heavy-hearted toward them. I have to trust it was for a reason. Then the Lord gave me a vision of angels that were surrounding my room. They were protecting me, ready to take on any dark forces that would surround me. The crazy thing is, even the thought of angels around me spooked me a little. I thought, "What is wrong with me?" Now I'm fearing the very thing that God sends to protect me?
So anyways, it took me an hour to finally settle myself back to sleep. I still haven't quite figured out what that was all about. We are told when we come out of D2, our hearts are very vulnerable for attack, so that could be just what that was. I don't know. But it was aweful and I really don't want to go through that again.
So to whoever is reading this, any insight would be welcome on what you think this was all about. Any verses that would help me fight it if it happens again are also very appreciated. Any thoughts?

Peace out :).

No comments: