Friday, March 14, 2008

My FUNNY Walmart story...


So I went on an excursion to Walmart today. I say excursion, because we ended up being there for 2 hours...sigh. My main reason was that I wanted to find the girls Easter dresses that were inexpensive and I saw some the other day that were very cute and affordable. Plus I needed to pick up a birthday gift for a party tomorrow. So, off to Walmart we went. We went to pick some dresses out for the 2 younger girls and after a while, finally came to an agreeable decision, then went to the older girls' department to pick something out for Hannah. I prayed the whole time that it wouldn't be a battle of wills between Hannah and I, since our tastes are quite different right now. Surprisingly, she picked out something that was girly and Easter-y and that would go with the other girls' dresses, which I can be very OCD about in that direction. Did I forget to mention we had been there an hour by this point, plus had the token two trips to the bathroom, and the 3 and 5 yr old were getting very ancy and not staying put in the cart very well? It was one of those double-seated carts where they can get in and out way to easily. They need a lock-gate on those or something. Anyways, I mentioned to the girls that we were going to take Hannah to the dressing room to try her dress on. Well, I noticed a shopper walking by and chuckling as Rebekah was on the other side of the cart at this point. I didn' t think much of it, but when I turned to see what she was doing, suddenly I saw this buck naked (no panties, no nothin') 3 yr. old running in circles right in the middle of the children's section in Walmart with the biggest smile on her face. You guessed it! It was MY 3 yr. old. Apparently we were already in the dressing room in Rebekah's mind...LOL! First, I was mortified as I was scurrying to find her pile of clothes on the floor and asked Hannah and Faith to circle around Rebekah with me as I quickly got her back dressed, but quickly embarassment turned into laughter. Hannah and I couldn't hold it together at one point. I was imagining what this would look like in a sitcom or something. And we were probably giving some other shoppers a story to tell as well. So I can easily say that this one's going in the books as my most memorable trip to Walmart ever...well so far. After all, Rebekah is only 3. :)

1 comment:

elizabeth engelhardt cards and creations said...

Ok, So I can so see Rebekah running around naked, with the three you trying to 'wrangle' her in....I am so laughing hard right now...fun, fun, fun!!